Victim’s family marks two-year anniversary of fatal shooting | News
RACINE — Tuesday, July 10th marked a tragic anniversary for a Racine family, after their son was shot and killed two years ago. Giovani Tirado’s killer has never been found. He was 19 years old.
FOX6 News has profiled this case twice as part of Wisconsin’s Most Wanted.
Investigators have followed leads, but so far, no arrests have been made, and there’s been no closure for the Tirado family.
On Tuesday, July 10th, 2012, the Tirado family visited Giovani’s memorial site, and remembered the shooting inside the “Warning Track” bar two years ago that took Giovani’s life.
Officials say Lewis Hinojosa fired the gun, but what triggered the shooting isn’t entirely clear.
Officials say on the way out of the bar, Hinojosa pistol-whipped Giovani’s brother, who says the only reason he’s still alive is because Hinojosa ran out of bullets.
Now, two years later, the Tirado family continues to look for closure, while officials seek Giovani’s killer.
Anyone with information into this case or Hinojosa’s whereabouts is asked to contact the U.S. Marshals at (414) 297-3707.
Top Racine Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mom recognizes graffiti, turns in son as suspected vandal
- "Mike the Knight" and his friends will perform at Southridge Mall June 9th
- Forest Park M.S. sponsors Make-A-Wish Foundation wish for Greenfield child
- Greendale High School Junior achieves top ACT score
- Greendale High junior achieves top ACT score