Judge orders father of nine to stop having children | News
RACINE (AP) — A Wisconsin father of nine who’s behind on child support payments has been ordered by a judge not to have any more children until he can show that he can provide for them.
Racine County prosecutors say 44-year-old Corey Curtis, who fathered the children with six women, owes nearly $100,000 in back child support and interest.
Judge Tim Boyle on Monday sentenced Curtis to three years of probation for failing to pay child support, with the condition that he is not to procreate until he can show he can support his children.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court in 2001 upheld an appeals court ruling that affirmed a similar probation condition in Manitowoc County. The justices ruled that David Oakley’s constitutional right to procreate wasn’t eliminated because he could still reproduce _ if he supported his children.
Upcoming Events near Racine County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 20-year-old Kenosha man dies after shooting & car crash into home
- Memorial service Monday in honor of reverend who died in freak accident
- Beloved Kenosha reverend loses life in freak accident at McDonald’s
- Woman accused of placing cameras in women’s locker room says she “lost a bet”
- Suspicious package discovered at St. Catherine’s Hospital
- Cudahy man charged in standoff says he was mad his friend called police
- Start date for Drexel Town Square project to be announced in May
- The Rock’s CEO eyeing up Oak Creek as “Plan B” for baseball stadium
- Semi rollover crash in Mitchell Interchange tunnel jams traffic
- Three men take road trip to Texas to watch Badgers in Final Four
- Franklin rejects plan to repay millions borrowed for proposed baseball stadium
- Man arrested for carrying handgun into Whitnall M.S.
- Police arrest man accused of carrying gun into Whitnall Middle School
- New to the market: “Baby Jack Blankets” for your children
- Fundraiser at Classic Lanes for families affected by Greenfield apartment fire