Woman found dead inside Mount Pleasant home following fire | News
MOUNT PLEASANT — Police in Racine County are investigating the cause of a Christmas morning house fire that killed one person.
Firefighters were called to a Mount Pleasant home Tuesday about 12:30 a.m. They arrived to find flames and heavy smoke pouring out of the house.
It took firefighters 15 minutes to reach a woman who was inside the home. The woman was declared dead at the scene.
Neighbors were surprised to learn there was someone inside the home. They say the home has been vacant for about a year.
Officials are calling the fire suspicious, and on Tuesday afternoon, criminal investigators were searching the scene.
The woman’s identity has not yet been released.
Upcoming Events near Racine County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police officer injured after hitting gigantic sink hole
- Police find child porn in home of man busted in “cameras in locker room” case
- 20-year-old Kenosha man dies after shooting & car crash into home
- Memorial service Monday in honor of reverend who died in freak accident
- Beloved Kenosha reverend loses life in freak accident at McDonald’s
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was “nagging” him
- Drivers take note: 16-mile stretch of I-94 to be resurfaced
- Neighbors “heartbroken” elderly couple involved in murder/attempted suicide
- Oak Creek arms teachers, staff with tools in case of shooting
- Cudahy man charged in standoff says he was mad his friend called police
- BOOTED: Mall security ends protest over bus stop
- BUSTED: Man arrested for road rage, charged with 9th OWI
- Franklin rejects plan to repay millions borrowed for proposed baseball stadium
- Man arrested for carrying handgun into Whitnall M.S.
- Police arrest man accused of carrying gun into Whitnall Middle School